Sunday 26 January 2014

What Awaits This Year

Dear reader

So the amount of work at my job has increased as everyone's back.  This makes it harder to actually think of something to write in the blog as I don't have the same amount of time on my hands as I had during the holidays.  Last week I just completely skipped the blog as my weekend got full, with various meetings at my church.  Yes, the year is in full swing and my weekly schedule is filling up, slowly eating away the time I had to myself during the holidays.  But it isn't all bad.

There is a lot to look forward to this year, and I believe that it will be a far better year than last year.



E-tolls Burning

To start off, E-tolls are slowly crashing and burning.  From SANRAL issuing bills that won't stand up in court, to repeatedly breaking the law by trying to force people to register and acquiring people's details illegally, the whole system seems nothing more than a joke, and it's expected to continue so until it's entirely scrapped, or left to rely on those that were dumb enough to register to keep it going.  This is something that I knew would happen, considering how bad it was implemented and the huge support against the tolls, which was reflected on Saturday the 25th. I personally would have joined the protest, but having broken my collarbone about 7 weeks ago I was still unable to drive that distance.

That said, I'll be trying to drive to church today, as I'm sick and tired of having to rely on others. Besides, I believe that I've healed enough to be doing it (it's not as far as the protest), having taken off my sling for the past two weekends.

Serving Christ


Now this year, unlike last year, I also have a lot to look forward to church-wise.  I'll be leading a small group at my church as well as serve on Alpha this year, plus I'm getting more involved with the voice-overs, and hope to be called back to do more this year.  So everything is looking good on this front, although it's not without it's hick-ups and problems.  But I'll speak of that some other time.

A New Career

Yes, I'm sick and tired of my current career.  I always knew that I wouldn't be doing it forever, and I've hit the season where it looks like it's time to make the change.  Yesterday I've started off listing all my skills and interests.  It's not done, I believe, but it was really hard to sit down without distractions and actually spend time with myself, and I only got to a certain point.  That said, I was a bit shocked at the list of interests I had.  I never expected it to be so long.  Skills-wise I'm sure I'm still missing a lot, but it's also quite a lengthy list, which can only be a good thing. 

The Blog

Finally the blog.  Starting only the end of last year, I hope to carry on writing for as long as possible, which is at least for a few years.  Where the blog will be taking me, or where I will go with the content, I'm still not sure, but I hope that it will be worth the effort, even if it means angering a whole bunch of people in the end.  At the moment I'm having trouble fitting writing into my schedule, as you can see with the erratic postings.  I hope to have this corrected within this  month and actually post on a regular basis, preferably at a set time or day in the week.  Having my arm out of the sling makes a HUGE difference, and I can get a lot more typed in a lot less time.

Conclusion

Well, that is me for this week.  I hope to have something more to say next week that would probably be of interest.  Until that time, take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend and week to come.

The Agent, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment